I’m tryina keep my mouth shut, but I just can’t……
My head hurts, my eyes are tired, I’m a little stiff from sitting at my desk working longer days, and longer weeks during the height of busy season.
Meanwhile, all I see, hear,read about AND even thinking about is this fricken dam virus…..
Schools closing, large events being cancelled or cut back, colleges resorting to online instead of in person classes, NCAA Tournament games are being played with essential staff & attendance only....
What’s next, are they gonna cancel St. Patrick’s Day Parade? Oh, wait, they already did.
Now it’s Coladonato CPA’s turn to chime in with a COVID-19 announcement of our own, because I want a piece of the action:
Below are the 14 steps that Coladonato CPA is taking to help keep our employees, clients and friends safe from this Coronavirus virus:
- Wash hands (not for 2 seconds, but at least 10-30 seconds with warm soapy water).
- Wash hands again
- Dry said hands / and throw out the paper towel. Or if using a cloth towel, make sure it’s hung up to dry and not just smolder in dampness
- Wash face a few times per day. Follow steps 1 through 4 for your face
- If you sneeze, go back to steps 1 through 4
- If you cough, go back to steps 1 thorugh 4
- If you spend a lot of time around many people, out in public, in your office, or wherever…. then go back to steps 1 through 4 a few more times.
- If you’re feeling sick, have trouble breathing / shortness of breath, sore throat, feeling like a cold is coming on – stay home and stay out of circulation, AND call your doctor.
- When you enter a room, exit a room, or just randomly throughout the day sitting in a room – use Lysol, Clorox or similar wipes to wipe down door knobs, light switches, phones, etc.
- If you haven’t done anything, go back through steps 1 thoruh 4, then continue on to steps 5 through 9.
- Do this again.
- And again.
- Be careful as to not shake, kiss, hug, or roll around with too many people. If you do…. Go back to steps 1 thorugh 4.
- Don’t go out and buy 100 rolls of toilet paper, food, gallons and gallons of water, milk and eggs.
Hey, I’m not knocking what’s going on out there to be careful – but let’s face it, the media is creating havoc and making things worse with their bliz of insanity.
Think of the past few years when schools closed / and how many alerts & notifications we’ve received via phone, text, email because it’s…. SUPPOSED to snow. Not because it already snowed, but because it’s “supposed” to snow, and only to find that it didn’t even snow…..
As a result of our media frenzy - society is going crazy and being OVERLY cautious.
I guess it’s better than the alternative, ignoring and minimizing the information available while having a virus running more rampant than it already has spread.
Anyhow - just be smart, clean and extra cautious. But for GOD’s sake… don’t let this stop you from living your daily lives. Now go out & do whatcha gotta do.
Sorry, I just had to rip the masking tape off my mouth……